SOC 203 Week 1 Quiz
1. Who was disproportionately affected by the U.S. housing crisis?
2. The U.S. Census is an example of a qualitative method of analysis.
3. Which of the following is NOT a method of qualitative analysis?
4. ALL BUT ONE of the following developed nations has more upward mobility than the United States:
5. According to the text, the difference between individual __________________ and a social problem depends on the societal condition reflected by the issue.
6. In an attempt to completely understand a social problem, which theory might be best applied?
The Marxist Conflict Perspective
Weber’s Conflict Perspective
The Functionalist Perspective
A combination of theories should be applied.
7. Which type of interaction defines other groups as morally or intellectually inferior?
Trading power for patronage
8. What type of consumption reflects economic inequality and contributes to social inequity?
9. The symbolic meaning of gestures is culturally relative.
10. What allows us to distinguish a societal problem from an individual problem?
The sociological lens
The sociological imagination
Public issues debates
Write a reviewYour Name:
Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!
A B C D F
Enter the code in the box below: